Niche Integrated Solutions, a South African Black woman owned ICT emerging company is delighted to have launched TechXAfrica 2018 on Friday, 14 September at Monte Casino La Toscana after months of preparation. This is a first for South Africa, an ICT masterclass event, masterminded by women in technology driving ICT disruption in Africa.
TechX Africa is an impressive opportunity to experience next generation thinking and philosophy fueled by woman in Tech, transporting you into the era of Purposeful Cost and Market disruption. It brings the local top ICT companies and world leaders in ICT, together with local small and emerging ICT entrepreneurs as well as women in technology to create a vehicle that allows ICT talent to be ported across Africa. The value the bigger companies bring to sme is in their partnerships that fosters technology and skills transfer through supply chain inclusion, local implementations and local support.
TechXAfrica was created to address some of the main challenges faced by entrepreneurs:
These are amongst the top 5 challenges faced by African entrepreneurs:
• Attracting customers;
• Maintaining profitability;
• Increasing revenue;
• Uncertainty over economic conditions;
• Securing financing for expansion.
Attracting customers was pointed out by events Key speaker, the CEO of Technology Innovation Agency South Africa, Mr. Barlow Manilal. He said that even though entrepreneurs are creating world class amazing solutions, it is still a major challenge for them to market their solutions and therefore fail within their sales strategy. It is thus imperative that we as a South African sme ourselves try to help other smme to gain visibility and sales traction not only within South Africa but the rest of Africa as well, hence TechXAfrica being the catalyst to bring everyone under one roof and to be able to port a combination of talents throughout Africa
Other opportunities that the event creates is the networking of local ICT entrepreneurs with global ICT players to enable them to also market some of their innovations to these global players. We strongly advocate the integration of smme into supply chain opportunities. We also invited funders to the event to spot the talent and to give exhibitors access to funders and financiers.
The event boasted a combination of speakers and organizations such as:
Governmental Agencies and Representatives of various African countries and other, in South Africa:
• Technology Innovation Agency South Africa, Department of Science and Technology, Barlow Manilal, Chief Executive Officer
• Several African and other country Ambassadors to South Africa, Trade Executives, Defence Attaches and Representatives
Global leading ICT Speakers
• PCCW Global as one of the event key partners and sponsors, Craig Price, Senior Vice President for international projections, Hong Kong Telecomms Global development services and Reem Ornath, Director of Cyber Security,
• Huawei , Steve Apps, Global Chief Technology Officer
• Hitachi Vantara, Loay Jaber, Regional Manager, Big Data, AI and IOT, amongst other
Local South African ICT Innovators and panelist speakers
• Chief Executive Officer and Founder, New Reality, Steve Pinto
• Director Executive Matsei Consulting and Technology, Leon van Deventer
• Executive Director, Digital expert and Tech Entrepreneur, Lubabalo Dyantyi
• Edupreneur, go-to market strategy consultant, idea jockey, public speaker, Zuki Mzozoyana
• Tech Entrepreneur.
Several other South African ICT and emerging Tech Innovators also got the opportunity to showcase their talents and solutions at the event and Da Vinci Institute which runs the South African Technology Top 100 awards in South Africa was also present.
We thank all parties for having made this a successful launch event, including the SABC team, other media partners that attended the event, guest speakers, panelist speakers and delegates. We also thank Apprentice Valley for the highlight at our event, Pepper, the semi humanoid fun maker.
We hope to build on this successful start as Niche Integrated Solutions to make this one of Africa’s signature events over the next years to come and hope to be able to create a meaningful value proposition for Africa, our continent as a whole.
: MyPR Alan Straton
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?