A cool WordPress Publishing image:
Copyright info via Grizzly Bay: Use text and photos freely. Help us spread the truth by adding our banner (see bottom)
Caption: Photographs of Palin with her bear rug were published in the Anchorage Daily News amidst great controversy over the hunting of habituated bears around Katmai National Park and the McNeil River Sanctuary. Several weeks before the controversial 2007 Katmai Preserve hunt (where bears habituated to bear viewers were shot) Palin posed deliberately next to a dead bear to a make a point that she will do everything in her power to make sure bears and other wildlife are mercilessly shot for pleasure in Alaska.
———- Forwarded message ———-
From: Kinship Circle – kinshipcircle [at] accessus.net
Date: Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 3:19 PM
Subject: ACT/ Palin¹s Pro-Death Platform
KINSHIP CIRCLE PRIMARY – PERMISSION TO CROSS-POST AS WRITTEN
9/27/08: Palin’s Pro-Death Platform On Animals
Next Thursday, October 2, Washington University in St. Louis hosts the vice presidential debate featuring Republican Sarah Palin and Democrat Joe Biden. With the spotlight on vice-prez nominees, you have a great opportunity to send comments to newspapers, blogs and discussions. Let voters know about Governor Sarah Palin’s relentless assault on wildlife and environment.
Whatever your political affiliation, Palin is clearly NOT the candidate for animals….and animals are the focus of this list.
Below are talking points and ideas for your comments, but NEVER COPY AND SEND A FORM LETTER to a newspaper or other media. As soon as an “organized campaign” is suspected, comments are discarded.
SARAH PALIN: THE CLIFF NOTES
Top Facts Everyone Must Know About Sarah Palin
1) She opposes abortion even in cases of rape or incest (even child victims).
2) She offered a bounty of 0 for each front leg of freshly killed wolves.
3) As Wasilla’s mayor, she made rape victims pay for forensic evidence kits.
4) She advocates aerial hunting of wolves and bears even though Alaskans voted twice to ban the practice.
5) She strongly supports drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
6) She used 0,000 in state money to fund propaganda for aerial hunting.
“0,000 approved to educate Alaskans about wolf killing”
7) She champions big oil, with a campaign slogan "Drill, baby, drill!"
8) She wants creationism taught in public schools.
9) She believes man-made global warming is a farce.
10) She opposes listing the polar bear as an endangered species because it might limit oil exploitation.
11) As Wasilla’s mayor, she tried to fire the city librarian because the librarian refused to censor books.
12) She supports the Alaskan Independence Party which seeks independence from the United States.
13) She is presently under investigation in Alaska for abuse of power.
14) She opposes listing the Cook Inlet beluga whale as endangered.
15) She has no international experience and obtained her first passport just last year (2007). Oh yea, but she can sort of see Russia when she looks really hard out her window.
SARAH PALIN: NO FRIEND TO WOLVES
Brenda Shoss’ Letter to the Editor
DO NOT COPY THIS LETTER
DO use it to jumpstart ideas…and send comments to your paper, news blog…
Aerial killing of predators: fair conservation or inhumane?
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Fair conservation or inhumane? Aerial wolf hunts have nothing to do with conversation and everything to do with boosting moose and caribou populations for Alaska’s lucrative hunting industry.
A hunter in a low-flying aircraft aims his assault rifle at terrified wolves with no camouflage against a backdrop of white snow. A same-day airborne hunter harasses wolves till exhausted, then corners them in snow banks and fires away at close range. Is this inhumane? Duh.
In 1972, Congress enacted the Federal Airborne Hunting Act to ban use of an aircraft to “shoot for the purpose of capturing or killing any bird, fish, or other animal” or to “harass any bird, fish, or other animal.” Yet Governor Palin, and previous Governor Frank Murkowsi, permit private hunters to slaughter wolves from aircrafts under the guise of “conservation.”
Alaskan voters passed ballot measures in both 1996 and 2000 to ban aerial and land-and-shoot wolf hunts. In one of many polls (this one conducted by Dittman Research Corporation) responders, including hunters, disapproved of aerial predator-control as a system to augment moose and caribou numbers.
Ultimately, politicians have failed to produce a definitive scientific assessment that justifies aerial wolf hunts. In fact, many studies attest to the valuable predatory role wolves play in an ecosystem. Wolves help sustain caribou and moose herds by eliminating old, feeble, and sick individuals and fortifying gene pools over time. Aerial gunning, on the other hand, has yet to undergo site-specific studies to measure its effect on local ecosystems.
Sarah Palin calls hovering in planes to blow away wolves a “safari.” I call her bounty offer of 0 for a front leg of a freshly killed wolf “sadistic.” But Palin is determined to eke out every last penny before her state’s fish and wildlife die out. This summer, Palin poured 0,000 of taxpayer money into her mission to defeat Measure 2 — an initiative to ban aerial wolf hunts as sport. Those of us who dispute sportsmen bombing wildlife from planes simply don’t “understand rural Alaska.”
Sarah Palin is the one who fails to understand that violence against nature is not an effective campaign tool. Most voters are savvy enough to oppose Palin’s pro-death platform on animals and environment.
— Brenda Shoss
11:01 am September 27, 2008
!!! STOP HERE IF YOU CAN’T TAKE GRAPHIC (REALITY) PHOTOS !!!
Sarah Palin’s Family Album
PHOTO SOURCE: The Truth About Sarah Palin
Your donation lets us meet goals/expenses for:
* Animal Disaster Aid Network
* Educational Literature And Outreach
* Website With Downloadable Tools For Activists
* Research/Campaigns To Help animals…and more
DONATE ONLINE: www.kinshipcircle.org/donation/
DONATE BY MAIL: Kinship Circle
7380 Kingsbury Blvd.; St. Louis, MO 63130
Kingship Circle / Public (501c3) Charity Status: 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)
* Select a Kinship Circle ALERT received in your mailbox
* Hit "FORWARD"
* Enter kinshipcircle [at] accessus.net
* Type UNSUBSCRIBE in your subject line and hit send
Kinship Circle Primary: subscribe [at] kinshipcircle.org
Action campaigns on animal cruelty issues worldwide
Kinship Circle Animal Disaster Aid Network: kinshipcircle [at] accessus.net
Animal rescue coordination/news in disasters + companion animal alerts
SEND: Address / Phone / Email – For placement in geographic disaster zone
*DISCLAIMER: The information in these alerts is verified with the original source. Kinship Circle does not assume responsibility for the accuracy of the information or for the consequences of its use. Nothing in this email is intended to encourage illegal action in whatever country you are reading it in. Kinship Circle does not engage in, nor support, any form of harassment or unlawful activity. Nothing in this alert serves to promote such conduct.
Have you tried: Visiting Port Elizabeth?